Who is OCNS?
Ontario Childcare Nutrition Services works with a team of independent distributors, food producers and child care experts to provide an affordable "one stop shop" for providers of various sizes, sourcing local, healthier alternatives whenever possible.
What Does OCNS Do?
Childcare Provider Support
- Works with providers to provide and develop nutritious products and resources to support programs
- Provides nutritional information and suggested serving sizes for menu planning purposes
- Assists in facilitating childcare provider and vendor relationships
- Provides tools and materials to support implementation and operation of distribution program
- Promotes engagement with needs of childcare proviers
- Provides opportunities for positive existing product exposure and potential new product development